Friday, December 3, 2010

Geek Dating a Saskatchewan Roughriders Cheerleader

Contrary to popular belief, cheerleaders date geeks too, I'm proof of that relationship.

"How could such a feat?" You may ask - especially if you know me. I know, I'm pretty disgusting. Some of my friends still can not wrap my head around the idea that really cute cheerleader acknowledge my existence miserable day. Let me tell you my story of perseverance.

Early in my tenure as athletic director last fall in the wave was not a week unforgivable slow for sports, my theft a week for a piece of material of interest finally reached a climax when I saw a poster Huskies cheerleading test in the corridors of the CAP. The documentation of my cheerleading session set-up in my section of the wave this week, I plunged into a sport of finesse and athleticism. The angle of the story: a big guy physically difficult to try a sport that had never tasted before and is enrolled in this long journey.

Despite valiant efforts still fragile, I failed to crack the lineup Huskies cheerleaders. I did however, in the weeks that follow, we begin to see the Huskies team captain romantic lover who I knew in my shameful excuse for a test of cheerleaders. And no, it was one of the cheerleaders either man. It was then that my immersion in the world of cheerleading has started.

My girlfriend made the Saskatchewan Roughriders promote team last March, to my great joy. I was very proud that she was going to be a part of the functioning of the season, but those feelings quickly turned to joy when I learned it would receive two tickets on the button for each home game - tickets that Most of the time, she promised to pass me.

I remember calling my dad (typical Riders fan) shortly after heard the news and brag to him about luxury that accompanied dating one of the Riders cheerleaders. As soon as my physical insecurities trivial uni-brow and my body odor abrasive were drowned by my newfound confidence. My mind was so I went with a leader and riders who were not. I must admit it was not my head for a few days - Well, well, months.

Since my girlfriend has a brother and his father is absolutely terrified of seeing her performance (the position of my friend is called a flyer - they throw about 15 to 20 feet in the air) I had the opportunity to see seven of 11 games at home in Mosaic Stadium in Regina.

And after a long term commitment of green and white, my girlfriend had the rare opportunity to encourage the biggest stage of football in the 98th Grey Cup on Nov. 28 in Edmonton. Decide tags along for the festivities of the weekend soccer (what else?) Encourage both my girlfriend and my favorite sports franchise of all time seemed appropriate. Armed with a trunk full of Paddockwood brewery made the weekend trip in Edmonton.

I went to the Grey Cup before, in 2004, Regina. And despite the electric atmosphere of a festival has the Grey Cup, beer $ 9, full toilet queues and scrambling for tickets to be part of an event is enough to keep a guy like me something to do match of my local pub with a lot of other individuals involved in green. But since my girlfriend has to be part of the game, I decided it was an opportunity too good to pass up.

The day before the Grey Cup was a joy Extravaganza at Grant MacEwan College in downtown Edmonton. It was an example of the cheerleading teams each CFL franchise. To my surprise, I learned that teams of Saskatchewan and Edmonton Eskimos are encouraged acrobatics squad stunting only and performed in their routines. The other teams were cheerleaders Just Dance.

The Toronto Argonauts, Montreal Alouettes and BC Lions encouraging teams were very sexual and at least shake parts of your body in front of the crowd could not lift their toes in the soil. Does not mean they were not worth seeing - they were, but his athleticism and less respectable way of applause, of course, he lied to a level much lower than the riders and the Eskimos.

Amid the routine Argos team applauding bride even my dad looked at me and said he would reserve the group of scantily clad women on his next birthday, in reference to his condition, "as a stripper. I'm sure the marketing plan of these strategies are charged for cheerleading teams like Toronto, Montreal and British Columbia, but it's much nicer to see something that requires great skill to do, rather than simply exposing body parts as they are a commodity.

But I lose my point of view, the next time you see a Saskatchewan Roughriders cheerleader or know, not treat it as a beachhead as suggested by the dumb blonde stereotype. Most of these women are athletes who trained hard every day of the week to be on top of his game Some people see them as eye candy, but in all reality of these women are some people who are more athletic .

And suddenly, CFL cheerleaders are not even paid. For the level of commitment of these young drivers give more than they receive in return are bills, a little gas money, hotels and some riders gear. Not bad, you might think - but for the many hours to help promote the selection and more than 100 appearances for the promotion you are doing is not fair. Compared with $ 500 to $ 1,000 in salary cheerleaders do is atrocious. And these girls are not even stunt ever!

After the Grey Cup loss, the coach of my girlfriend, even take the whole team jackets winter riders (if they initially said they could not keep them), leaving them without adequate heat for the rest of the trip. The only restriction is that I do not regret the team face is forbidden to fraternize with players riders throughout the season. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment